Cookies are small text files that are stored by your browser when you visit a website. They are tools that are essential to the provision of digital services. Among other things, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or the user’s device and, depending on the information obtained, may be used to recognise the user and improve the service offered. Without cookies, many pages would not work properly or the services offered would be impaired.
Types of cookies
The following cookie use guidebook of the Data Protection Agency sets out the different types of cookies:
Depending on the entity managing the domain from which cookies are sent and who processes the data obtained, two types may be distinguished: first party cookies and third party cookies.
- First party cookies: these are sent to the user’s device from a terminal or domain managed by the owner of the website and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: these are sent to the user’s device from a terminal or domain that is not managed by the owner of the website, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
In addition, cookies may be:
- Based on the length of time they are stored on a computer: session cookies or persistent cookies.
- Based on purpose: strictly necessary cookies, functionality cookies, analytics cookies, advertising cookies and behavioural advertising cookies.
- Session cookies, to make sure that the page works properly.
This website uses the following third party cookies:
- Google Analytics, a website analytics service developed by Google, allowing website traffic measurement and analytics. You will observe 4 cookies set by this service on your browser. Based on the above types, these are first party, session and analytics cookies. You may read more about this and turn off these cookies at support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
At no time is information obtained about the user’s personal data, safeguarding the privacy of individuals who navigate the website. The information obtained is strictly used for statistical purposes: number of users accessing the website, number of pages viewed, frequency and repetition of visits, their duration, browser used, operator providing the service, language, terminal used, or city to which their IP address is assigned. This information allows us to offer a better and more appropriate service.
- Allow cookies, giving your consent once you navigate the website.
- Change your settings.
You may restrict, block or delete any website page cookies using your browser. Because the settings on each browser are different, the “Help” function will show you have to do so. The following are direct links to information on the subject: