Following the trend of many National Offices, the Uruguayan Patent Office has established a pilot program regarding the acceleration of examination procedures (PAR – Procedimiento de aprovechamiento de Resultados ) . – Resolution 6/2019 of DNPI
This procedure will take advantage of international searches and examinations issued by other national offices always if the application meets the following requirements:
- The application is filed always prior to January 1, 2017 and it is still under examination period.
- The application has been published in the National Bulletin of Official property
- The examination fee has been duly paid
- No office action has been issued by the Uruguayan Patent Office
- There is a granted patent (national or regional) of the same family.
The current Uruguayan claims would be adapted to those claims already granted. A sworn translation into Spanish of these claims must be submitted along with the request of PAR.
This Pilot program starts next September 1st
Should you need further information regarding this new Pilot program, please contact email@example.com