Personal data: a delicate issue
The use of personal data as hard currency has resulted, on occasions, in unlawful intrusions into the lives of citizens.
European authorities have tried to put an end to the indiscriminate and illegal use of this information, significantly tightening the legislation and increasing the penalties for the inappropriate use of said information.
Consequently, if you collect personal data you must be completely up-to-date in order to avoid legal problems and severe fines.
How is personal data protected?
- In order to avoid problems in the collection, processing and use of personal data, a deep and thorough understanding of the main rules that regulate data processing in Spain is essential: the EU Regulation (GDPR) and internal Spanish legislation (LOPD - Spanish Data Protection Act).
- Previous legislation detailed the security measures that needed to be implemented by all those processing personal data.
- With the current legislation, data protection depends on the type of personal data processing carried out in each particular case.
- The data controller shall be directly responsible for defining the measures that serve to handle and protect personal data.
- The fines for the undue processing of personal data may amount to 20 million euros or 4% of the previous financial period’s turnover.
Can you help me with such a complex framework?
- Of course. We put at your disposal our experience as expert professionals within this field.
- We prepare the personal data protection policies and the legal documentation adapted to the new Regulation.
- We draft the clauses and provisions that must be included when personal data is collected.
- We implement technical and organisational measures that need to be complied with in each specific case in order to protect personal data.
- We carry out periodic adjustments and audits to ensure compliance of the legislation.
- We provide data protection awareness and training plans to the company’s personnel.
- We provide a comprehensive monitoring schedule focused on compliance of the legislation.
Each company must process personal data differently, in line with the type of data collected and the use given there to.
This is why you need advice.
An entire team at your disposal
We are professionals who are experts in personal data protection: contact us.
ALL OUR TEAM OF DATA PROTECTION
«People will not judge you by your victories. They will do by your defeats.»
National Sales ManagerIP Consultant
«Whatever you do, do it so well so that they return, and they bring their friends too.»
Our company turned to H&A for the implementation of the necessary processes so as to comply with the European data protection regulation, and the service provided to date has been excellent, highlighting to this end the adequate understanding of our specific case and the speed of their responses.
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED
At H&A we are trademarks. But also patents. And intellectual property. And digital law. And much more.
DISCOVER ALL OUR SERVICES
Anti-piracy / Counterfiting
«Non ducor, duco.»
MARTA GIMENO · Head of Anti-piracy / CounterfitingSaber más
Digital Law and TMT
«Digital transformation is not a trend, but an essential component in every company's strategy.»
LUCÍA MARTÍN-SANZ BARRACHINA · Head of Digital LawSaber más
Specialized “in house” Training
«Knowledge does not take up any space. But those with knowledge occupy their space.»
JOAQUÍN RAMÓN LÓPEZ BRAVO · Head of Specialized "in house" TrainingSaber más