What is TMCH?
The TrademarkClearinghouse (TMCH) is a global database designed so that the owners of registered trademarks in any country throughout the world, can have at their disposal a tool to protect themselves against third parties that apply for a domain name in any of the new gTLDs that coincides with a registered trademark (for example, HERRERO.WEB, HERRERO.MADRID, HERRERO.MAIL, etc.). The registered trademark may be recorded for one, three or five years.
How does it work?
The TMCH has a dual role:
- If a third party files an application to register a domain name under a new gTLD that coincides with your trademark that has been registered with the TMCH, you will receive an alert, in which case you may block said domain name if you so desire.
- That same third party receives another alert indicating that there is a registered trademark that is identical to the domain name it has applied for.
- If you have registered the trademark in the TMCH and you have proven use thereof, you may register your domain name under the new gTLD during the preferential registration phase.
Do not waste money applying for 2,000 domain names:
- But if you don't, how do you protect yourself against those that copy your trademark with a domain name under one of the 1,400 new gTLD extensions?
- If you register your trademark in the TMCH, you will have the option of opposing those domain names that are detrimental to your business.
- The new gTLD (generic Top Level Domains) offer the opportunity of clarifying what you do.
- But it is necessary to remain vigilant, because they are new forms of trademark cyberpirating and cybersquatting.
We help you
- We register your trademark in the TMCH and renew the registration for 1, 3 or 5 years.
- We record ourselves as the contact so that you do not receive an excessive number of alerts.
- We study the alerts and recommend when to act.
- We collect and submit proof of use.
- You don’t have a registered trademark? It doesn’t matter. We will register it for you.
Registration in the TMCH requires good analysis.
We advise you.
An entire team at your disposal
We are experts in how the TMCH operates. We are experts in ensuring the protection of your domain name.
ALL OUR TEAM OF TRADEMARK CLEARINGHOUSE
H&A has helped us accommodate our technology within the prevailing legal framework in a simple yet professional manner, actively accompanying us throughout the entire process. With them by our side we feel more confident that we are doing things correctly.
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED
At H&A we are trademarks. But also patents. And intellectual property. And digital law. And much more.
DISCOVER ALL OUR SERVICES
Anti-piracy / Counterfiting
«Non ducor, duco.»
MARTA GIMENO · Head of Anti-piracy / CounterfitingSaber más
«Your domain is your digital identity: protect your essence.»
VICKY RUIZ · Head of the Domain Names DepartmentSaber más
Digital Law and TMT
«Digital transformation is not a trend, but an essential component in every company's strategy.»
LUCÍA MARTÍN-SANZ BARRACHINA · Head of Digital LawSaber más